Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Crossroads?

When over turns into reality
And love fades in time
Epic moments seem like dreams
Then empty promises creep in
Hearts scar and smiles fade
While silence changes everything
Healing takes its sweet time
When all I wanted was here and now
A hug, a kiss, a whisper of forever
Replaced by a single phrase
Not right now, I'm broken
I can't help but wonder
If next time will be different
The thought of endless potential
Now seems just out of reach
A setback on life's journey
Another poem in my collection
I've traded ashes for gold
Transformed words into art
Through it all I've learned
Take nothing for granted
And love with ALL your heart

1 comment:

  1. I especially like the last two lines. "Take nothing for granted, And love with ALL your heart." I'm learning that too.

    ReplyDelete